Membership for 2016 will re-open soon – Wed, July 13, 7:00 AM
Get notified of membership updates and openings – join our email membership announcement list. Find out more.
A Community Sailing Club on Lake Harriet
The Twin Cities Sailing Club (TCSC) welcomes adults of all sailing abilities — from beginners to experienced sailors — and offers a great opportunity to sail regularly during the summer on beautiful Lake Harriet (map) in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
The club’s sailing season runs from early May to early October. Club members meet at the Lake Harriet bandshell dock each week during the sailing season on Tuesdays at 5.30pm and Saturdays at 9.00am. Please check the club calendar for upcoming dates and events.
Your membership with TCSC not only gives you access to the club’s fleet of small yachts, but the chance to race and crew with the experienced sailors of the Lake Harriet Yacht Club (LHYC) through our long-established affiliation with their club. We also participate in other exciting Twin Cities sailing activities!
What if I don’t know how to sail?
No problem! There are plenty of opportunities for beginners and experienced sailors to improve their skills:
- Classroom sessions: basic sailing theory and terminology are provided at these optional “dry classes.”
- On-the-water training: new sailors are matched with experienced members on boats every Tuesday evening and Saturday morning throughout the season.
- Racing clinics: Lake Harriet Yacht Club offers opportunities to our members to improve their racing skills throughout the season.
Who can become a member?
Please visit the “Become a Member” page for the latest information on how you can become part of the Twin Cities Sailing Club. We hope to see you on the water!
- Access to a fleet of sailboats
- Abundant opportunities for learning and practicing
- Recreational sailing all summer
- Competitive sailing (racing & crewing) with other club members and the Lake Harriet Yacht Club throughout the season
- Social mixers throughout the summer
- Chartered yachts on Lake Superior in the fall
Donations to the Twin Cities Sailing Club are tax deductible, as we're a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.